Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, The Places You Can Go!


Dear Young Women,
When I first moved to the area and was trying to find my way around, I was driving over near Buena Creek. Certain that I was going in the right direction, I turned and found myself on the 15 Freeway going South - completely the wrong way to get home! Now, turning around on the freeway was fairly easy, but I did have to go miles out of my way to get myself back on track. I have thought about that day often and realized that one turn can significantly alter your destination.
There is a Dr. Seuss book that I love called "Oh, The Places You Can Go" and one of my favorite passages says:

"You have brains in your head,

You have feet in your shoes,

Only you can decide the direction you choose."


Everyday you make decisions about what direction you are going to choose: you make it when you attend seminary, you make it when you eat lunch with somebody who is sitting alone, you make when you obey your parents (even when it's something you don't agree with!), you make it when you work on your personal progress or when you say something kind about somebody instead of gossiping....the list can go on and on. Everything you choose takes you in one direction or another.

What will you choose today that will take you in a good direction? Think about it and then let me know. I can hardly wait to hear about your day! In the meantime, have a great week and remember that I love each one of you! TTYL~

No comments:

Post a Comment